Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) is the third edition of a cult game series Counter-Strike, which was created as a modification of the game Half Life. It is one of the most popular first person shooter games. The game was originally created as an online game which makes it a multiplayer game. Over time the bots also appeared in the game. They allowed the game without real players participation.
There are several game modes: Deatchmatch, Arms Race, Demolition, Classic Competetive and Classic Casual.
- the game lasts 15 minutes. The aim of the game is to get as many points as possible in a given time. Player gets points for killing other players. Bonus weapons play the key role which in 20 seconds give bonus points for killing. The killed player is reborn in a random location on the map. The players choose their weapon on their own.
- Arms Race
- game mode that depends on getting new weapons which change automatically every 2 killed people, up to level 15, where the player gets the knife and he has a mission to kill the last person.
- is a combination of Classic Casual with Arms Race. Player gets a new weapon after each kill, but gets it in the next round.
- Classic Competetive
- available from the 3rd “private rank” level) is about matching or inviting 4 players and the game on one of the 20 maps. On maps with the prefix "de_" teams are divided into terrorists whose task is to plant „bomb” and anti-terrorists whose task is disarmament or not allowing the enemy planting. On maps with the prefix "cs_" the anti-terrorist task is to rescue the hostages. The regular game in this mode gives a rank to the account which changes with further wins or losses games.
- Classic Casual
- it consists of the same as Classic Competetive, with one difference that the player gets a Kevlar and defusing kit for free.
There are also a number of modifications created by the fans. One of them is Deathrun Surf.
Counter-Strike is a very extensive game both in the community, where there are created another skins, maps and tactics, but also in e-sport, where it is used in tournaments.
First: in console (when you press tilde button “~”) type *connect serverIP* then press enter.
Second: go to *Favourites* and choose *Add server* and type IP of the server. Then click the button *Add server to favourites*.
The last one: go into *Play* in *Browse community servers* pick the *Internet* tab up and in *Description* type server name.